Harvey, day whatever

Truly awful and not over.

My heart aches for my city. So much devastation.

Its too early to talk about recovery.... we are still in the disaster. Our levees and dams and bridges are at risk. And all the people.... and homes... its all so much.

For now, we must keep moving forward... and for me, that means going to Japan.

I have an event that was planned months ago and people are coming from cities all over Japan.

So United Airlines helped book me on a flight to Narita from Dallas. Thanks #unitedairlines

My very kind husband drove me to Dallas today.... was difficult to get out.

Tomorrow I will be on my way.

Houston will be on mind and in my prayers.

Comments

  1. I am glad you got an new plan in place and are off to teach. Houston has weeks of very hard days ahead and then months if not years of rebuilding. And during it all we will quilt.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie. I love this. We will definitely keep on quilting. What else could we do?

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're able to go. There will still be recovery work when you return. And for months and months. You will enjoy your trip to Japan and be better able to face the aftermath at home. So glad your husband is home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking about all of you. I hope your Japan trip goes well and that Houston gets back tomorrow soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow surprised you were able to navigate your out of here. It seemed like every road has some issue somewhere. I was trapped in until Monday after the storm and even then it was a touchy drive. I have cypress creek and other small creeks around my home. We stayed dry but I can't say that for some of my co-workers and friends. Glad you were able to take your trip

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts