...and I'm off to Japan

Airline tickets? Check
Japan Rail Pass? Check.
Dollars converted to Yen? Check.
Passport? Check
Handmade quilted passport clutch? Check!

I made this functional little quilted clutch to hold my passport from a pattern offered on Bernina's We All Sew blog.

I rarely make purses or such, but occasionally I do venture out and make a few non art quilt things every now and then for fun. When I do, I use Soft and Stable batting from By Annie.

That stuff is amazing and gives items like this clutch a nice shape that holds.  Works really well on bags and placemats. I bought a large supply at the Houston International Quilt Festival because you never know when you'll need to whip up something unusual like the perfect padding for your passport.

Soft and Stable is easy to quilt through... so long as you don't mind a little popping sound from the needle. Just be sure to toss that needle when you're done.

So, my passport is ready to dump into my bag and off I go. Ready for the long flight and several weeks stay in Japan.  With this little jewel, I figure I can keep my passport with me at all times and not have to worry about locating it in my giant bag.

Priceless, really!


Comments

  1. Very cute! Hope you have a great trip. Looking forward to following your blog while you travel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lee! Thanks for leaving a comment about my passport clutch. Can't wait to post about the trip! stay tuned. ttyl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Ulla. Thanks for your kindness. More to come from Japan.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts