Jan 5, 2014

a sewing room minus the sewing machine

There's a big hole in my sewing room today. My trusty Bernina needed its annual check up. You know, time to get the oil changed, engine tuned up and tires rotated... the usual stuff. Just like my car.

I just hate to be without it... and my tiny sewing studio looks so sad without its Bernina. To be honest, it looks bigger - but that's a different story. Of course, I'm right in the middle of a big project (still quilting my dog quilt).  But hopefully my machine will come back soon and be as good as new!

In the meantime, this gives me time to focus on my next major project, and that is my trip to Japan and my book! I'm leaving for Japan soon and will be gone for several weeks. Assuming my technology works and my energy holds out given my busy schedule and the time change... I hope I can stay awake some nights to update my blog from time to time with all my Japanese quilt and fabric experiences... not to mention subway and train navigation stories... and surely there will be quite a few eating adventures (hopefully not misadventures).

One highlight for sure: I'll be attending the Tokyo International Great Quilt Festival (aka the Tokyo Dome show)... and I'll also be doing field work and research for the book.

As I shared in my post at the end of last year, 2014 is going to be a great year.  I simply can't think of a better way to direct my time and energy than towards writing this book. I'm so excited by the potential and I can't wait to see it all done and share details about the content.

Nothing better than being a quilter!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10596309/?claim=522zhecajx2">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

1 comment:

  1. What a great post, seriously. I just had to haul my Bernina out of her cabinet and down the stairs so I can bring her in for service as soon as the shop opens -- she's due for an annual "well baby visit," but yesterday she started just looping at the welcome screen and wouldn't boot up. I know she's under warranty and from online user groups, I know others have had this issue and it's just a 10 minute fix to reload the firmware... but I feel mopey about it. And when I saw your photo of the cabinet without the machine, that just summed it all up in one sad image. Anyway, hopefully your machine is back in her cabinet now and purring away smoothly for you -- and hopefully mine will be back soon, too!