Lone Star 'vintage' quilt


Maybe I'm motivated by the first signs of Spring! I've decided to bring out some of my old quilts. This "vintage" quilt of mine is a Lone Star pattern, made in Baltimore era reproduction fabrics. It happens to be one of my favorites from my hand quilting days!



There are quite a few wrinkles... and you can see a definite crease where its been folded for the past decade. Our quilts deserve better treatment than we give them (or at least my quilts do - I'm sure some of you are very good about preserving your quilts), This one needs to lay flat for a while, for sure. Just like the museums do, these "old" quilts need to be taken out and refolded, or better yet, lay them flat.  

And of course, I wish I had labeled all my quilts at the time I made them. My best guess on this one is that I probably finished it sometime around 2001-02. 



Comments

  1. Isn't it fun to dig out our quilts from decades ago. Both to see how far we've come and if we still like them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you fold on the bias? like a triangle ?? I think it puts less stress on the fibers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely 'vintage' quilt! And all your hand quilting is wonderful! I tend to 'air' my older quilts from time to time, and refold differently too. And, it's always such fun to revisit them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts