Quilt Festival hoopla

Every year, Int Quilt Festival seems more fun and more exhausting than the year before. Today is Tuesday. Festival ended on Sunday. I am just now starting to relax again... but man, those days are just filled with friends and quilts and ideas and memories.

For starters.... My reproduction quilt of an 1880s quilt was juried into the IQA competition! This was the first time I have entered IQA and I was so honored to have this quilt chosen.

Next, I launched a new book!!!! This book is a journey through 45 years of Festival, but more importantly it is the bio of the two women who founded Festival, Market and much more.

On Friday, Nov. 1, 2019 I presented the lunch lecture on the book. We had 250 attendees and it was a wonderful group of people... some who had been coming to Festival since the early days.



Center is Nancy O'Bryant and next to her is Karey Bresenhan. The three of us hosted a panel discussion and book signing. I was so appreciative of the long line! People waited patiently and it was great to hear so many stories about quilters attending Festival over the years.




On the cover of this book is a stunning quilt made by Cynthia England. The quilt is titled "Show Time" and it was made as a commision for the cover. Cynthia bases her pieced technique on photos and the photo for this image was taken by my dear husband, Jimmy Wong. Here is The Quilter and The Photographer!



Comments

  1. I had such a good time at the Festival this year. My eyes and feet are tired. I saw your quilt in person and loved it. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts