the real deal - preview copies of my new book have arrived



The long awaited day is finally here. The preview copies of my new book were delivered to my doorstep. Its an exciting time, and also a bit nerve wracking. Exciting because the long and lonely process of writing, editing and publishing is over. Nerve wracking because now is the time to find out if this is a book anyone will want to read! That is the honest truth and I assume every author goes through some bit of that... even if they do not admit it.


"American Cotton: Farm to Quilt" was published by me --- Third Floor Quilts. I chose to go this route for a couple of reasons, the primary one being the ability to publish quicker than most big publishing companies.

Another reason was control of the whole process, including graphic design, photography, every little thing... including distribution! This book will be sold through my website, TeresaDuryeaWong.com and will be sold online through the Amazon Marketplace, but the price will be controlled. You will not find "American Cotton: Farm to Quilt" discounted on Amazon. That means hopefully you will find it in your local quilt store since I will offer quilt shops the opportunity to sell it and not be undercut by online sales.

Copies will begin shipping from my website early March 2019! Book is 156 pages, soft cover, filled with over 100 images of quilts, farms, cotton and more.

Whew. Its a lot! I am thrilled and a bit overwhelmed at the moment. But I am super excited about this new book and all the potential for it out there in the world.

I am working hard on a new lecture to bring this book to life in a lively and entertaining way! And I am already booked to give lectures at:

  • QuiltCon in Nashville
  • Quilters Guild in Plano
  • Quilt Guild of Greater Houston
  • Greater San Antonio Quilt Guild
  • Quilters' Guild of Dallas
  • Highland Lakes Quilt Guild
  • and many others are in the works!


This the real joy for me. Going out and visiting with guilds, bringing this story to life, and spending time with people who share a passion for quilts. That's what makes it all worth while.
Stay tuned for more.




Comments

Popular Posts