the lanterns of Kanazawa: a photo essay

This is a travel post that may interest only me. But here it goes...


Japan 2018: In a country with a beautiful park on just about every corner, I visited one of the most serene and gorgeous parks I've ever seen. The Kenrokuen Garden, in Kanazawa, on the east coast. This two-legged stone lantern shown above, is a toro, (more specifically a Yukimi-doro) or snow lantern as they are also called, and this particular one is the symbol of Kanazawa. It drew me in and I fell in love with these lanterns, and this park. One can just picture the snow piled up on these umbrella shaped tops and a warm light burning underneath. Here's my photo essay of one day I wish I could relive.






 



This last image is inside the stunning tea house which has a priceless view of this beautiful garden.

Mon and son. Kanazawa, 2018.


Comments

  1. Beautiful garden, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marsha. How nice of your to comment. It is truly a special place.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts