quilting cotton made in America

Have you made a quilt with American Made Brand quilting cotton? If so, I'd love to hear from you. I'm researching a new book on American cotton and its connection to quilting.


American Made Brand (also called AMB) cotton solids are the real deal. They are made from cotton that is 100% grown in America. The base textile is made in America and dyed here as well. The company is based in Seattle (they're part of Clothworks). AMB is only available in solids.

I just purchased a large selection of colors. The hand of these fabrics is just lovely. It is a thin, slightly silk feel. I can't wait to make a couple quilts with these.


If you've made a quilt with AMB solids, or know someone who has... please let me know. I would like to hear about your experiences and why you chose this fabric, and of course I'd like to see your quilt! Please leave a comment here - or you can email me directly at  teresa at thirdfloorquilts dot com

Two weeks ago I visited the Texas Cotton Gin in Burton, Texas. One of the oldest working cotton gins in the U.S.



Please note, if you leave a comment, make sure you are not a "no reply" comment, otherwise I can't reply back to you.

Thanks!


Comments

  1. I have made too! I will send you the photos. You are a super busy researcher. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts