leather and quilting and Japanese fabric and 5 purses later!

Lately, the stars have aligned.


I've combined all my loves: quilting, sewing, cool purses and tote bags, Japanese cotton, vintage materials, and now leather.

This combo is so cool that I've made 5 purses using some of each. I just listed them on Etsy

Loving my new leather sewing machine! These red and black purses turned out great. Perfect shoulder bags. Both are fully lined and include a thin piping along the top edge. The interior fabric on the black bag is a Yoko Saito cotton - made in Japan.



Cotton and Steel vintage ladies on the pocket!

More Japanese fabrics here! These funky flowers were designed by Keiko Goke - and printed in Japan. The inside fabric is hers as well. Its quilted.


I've spent weeks toiling over these bags. Making every little detail as best I can. Stirring my creativity and stretching my technical skills.

Then we (the Husband and I) spent hours on the photo shoot today for Etsy. Luckily the Husband is a pro - and lets me use all his photo gear and lights! You know what else is lucky? The Bernina sits on an electronic lift table and it lowers to become, well, a photo studio on top!


Love this vintage telephone cotton canvas from Cotton and Steel. I cut out one telephone and quilted it and it hangs outside the bag. The straps and top binding are a dyed leather.

And this one below is made with an American vintage feed/grain sack and leather inside! The vintage typewriter (also Cotton and Steel fabric) is appliqued on the outside and hand embroidered. The typewriter is also featured on the inside pocket. Once upon a time, this cotton fabric was used to haul grain or feed (don't worry, its been washed). Its very soft. And to make it extra special, I lined the inside with leather. Clever, huh?



All of these bags are now listed on my Etsy site.

I dusted off the mothballs of my Etsy site and I've decided to give Etsy another go. I opened an Etsy shop in 2013. Originally I listed art quilts and baby quilts. I have sold a total of 2 items. I shuttered the site for quite a while... but now I am back in business.

If you happen to be in Kerrville, Texas, or near there, I am speaking at the Hill Country Quilt Guild on August 15. I'll be bringing these handbags there in person to show off and maybe even sell! I also be bringing lots of new deliveries of vintage Japanese cotton yukata.

I would LOVE your comments, feedback, questions or whatever. Let me know what you think.

Here the whole url for my Etsy shop: thirdfloorquiltsshop.etsy.com

Comments

  1. These are gorgeous Teresa! That leather is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, It really is incredibly fantastic and informative website. Good to discover your site Very well article! I’m simply in love with it.
    ______________________________
    Leather purses In Qatar

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a helpful content leathers products very beneficial if someone want to Buy Artificial Leather for Purses in Pakistan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts