piecing strips of African gold




Calling this one "African Gold." It is all pieced from very small scraps of African fabric, set against Kona black. Plus a few whole African prints from my collection.

This is an original design. It is 60 x 72 inches. Not quilted yet... Below is what I started with. These scraps actually came from my friend who made a quilt first and was going to toss all these small strips. I rescued them and sewed them together in large rectangle block shapes. At the time, I had no idea what I would make with them.


I held on to these scraps and the blocks I sewed together for more than 6 months (maybe a year???)... Then a entire pieced quilt idea came to me and I sketched it out. I ended up moving some of the blocks around ... so my quilt does not look exactly like the original sketch. Plus, I opted for a 6 x 5 block scheme, instead of 6 x 6. The blocks finish at 12 inches.


Tom the Dog waiting patiently for something interesting to happen!



Comments

  1. This is so fun and vibrant! The pieced ring especially really jumps out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts