a darling dust cover for my Bernina


My studio is always a work in progress. I love keeping it clean and rearranging stuff to make it work better and look better. For years, I have wanted to make my own sewing machine dust cover for my Bernina 820. I just never got around to it.

Well, in my most recent studio redo, I used my regular dust cover from Bernina and put it over my leather sewing machine (which did not have a cover)... and while I love that machine, it is a monster and not attractive. The Bernina cover (which I always felt was too big for my 820) fit perfectly. Problem solved there.

So that left the 820 without a cover. I turned to my stash and chose this darling Kokka Japanese fabric... with big pink circles, modern black lines... and smiling pandas. All of life's essentials!

I did not use a pattern... just measured and made my own size. Inside I used Soft & Stable batting (from By Annie). This stuff is awesome and gives it a crisp shape that holds. It is lined and I used the serger on the inside seams, then put on a binding just like for a quilt.

Comments

  1. That's really cute! I love soft and stable- really great for body without stiffness. I made a pieced cover for my bernina a couple of years ago- it can be fun to do little quick projects with fun fabric! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to keep my machines covered too. Inspiring me to make a cover for my 10 needle embroidery machine. You make it sound easy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts