quirky, crazy, color


This huge, crazy quirky quilt all started with one fabric that I fell in love with. Its a print from Japanese manufacturer Kokka of a small leopard surrounded by uneven, organic shaped dots. I loved the print and I cut a series of blocks and placed the leopard in different spots so it looked like she was moving around the quilt.

I added bright dots and stripe prints and a sashing and border. Then, I thought this crazy combo needed some jumbo ric rac. So I purchased 34 yards of big ass ric rac and I took the blocks apart and added the ric rac bling.

Lastly, I added a flange binding. I actually got the idea from seeing a quilt with this binding on IG and then I went and watched Jenny Doan's (Missouri Star Quilt Co) tutorial on how to sew it.

Then we went to the park just outside of downtown Houston to photograph this quilt in the sunshine. First thing that happens is the crazy wind almost whipped the quilt out of my hands. But fortunately my husband was ready and snapped this cool pic. Wind happens! :)






Machine quilted with free motion. No computers. 100% cotton fabric, thread and Warm & Natural cotton batting.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts