finished and photographed



Super excited about this one. It was a monster to piece. There are 9 blocks and each block is huge. The overall size is 93 x 93 inches. I made this quilt after seeing an antique quilt from the collection of Joanna Rose. The original was red and white. I wanted modern colors, so chose these two Kona cotton solids - Flame and Malibu.

The quilting is very dense! I quilted it on my longarm, free motion with a straight ruler. 

There is also a ton of thread in here. I used Aurifil 50 wt cotton thread, about 90% of one spool for the piecing, two matching colors for the quilting - and the blue sections required 1 1/2 spools! And an emergency trip to the quilt store for that second spool.

The binding is faced (turned to the back with a clean front). I love the back of the quilt too. I decided to use all the fabric I bought and ended up using every usable inch of it!







My quarantine quilt. Photographed in Houston's Memorial Park, May 31, 2020.

Comments

  1. Congratulations on the finish! Beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary: Thanks for taking the time to comment. Always appreciated. This one was one of a kind for sure. Take care, Teresa

      Delete
  2. This is fantastic! The colors are so great together, almost like an optical illusion of movement and the piecing is superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shannon. Yes, those colors and this pattern both make it kind of mesmerizing… can hurt your eyes if you stare at it too long 😊
      Hope you are doing well. Thanks so much for your nice comments! Teresa

      Delete
  3. Beautiful fins=ish, a stunning quilt!
    Feel free to join the TGIFF link up, and Patchwork & Quilts link party on Sunday too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts