red and white Japanese yukata

This quilt is one I finished last week. The red and white border is vintage cotton yukata I bought in Japan two years ago. I have a wonderful, fun memory of getting up long before sunrise and heading to a large temple market in Kyoto. As I was walking around, i saw a booth with several people standing with their hands on bolts of yukata that was covered in a blue tarp. Turns out they were waiting for the 6 am opening time when the owner would open for business. I wiggled my way in there and put my hands under the tarp too. This was one of my many finds that day!
The quilt is about 75 inches square. The center blocks are improv pieced. 

Free motion quilted, all in one color of cotton Aurifil thread... I did the math and I used over 2,400 yards of thread! 
The backing fabric is commercial cotton also from Japan, manufactured by Kokka.

Comments

  1. Not only is it a great quilt, with great choices but what a perfect setting to display it. Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! Thanks for your nice comment. I look for excuses to get outside these days and find funky places to photography my quilts. This building is right in my neighborhood. Take care.

      Delete
  2. With all their wide uses doormats and mats, when all is said in done, have gotten one of the regular day things that are stamped all over every day, except seldom recalled or kept up. With their wide flexibility, a few people think that it's hard to select the correct tangle for their requirements and tastes. Along these lines, the main significant inquiry an individual ought to consistently pose to themselves while thinking about what sort of tangle to get is; "what am I going to utilize it for and where am I going to put it? Click Here to read more.
    Or,
    Read more at:
    "Get Kitchen Floor Mats"
    https://matforkitchenfloor.com/gel-kitchen-mats/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts