xl double wedding ring done


I'm finally back from my whirlwind lecture tour - 7 lectures in about 12 days! It was wonderful and crazy busy. I finished this XL Double Wedding Ring before I left Houston, but we had multiple days of gloomy weather... so I couldn't photograph this one till yesterday. 

The colors in this one are on the dark, dramatic side, so it definitely needs sun to bring out the subtleties.

The fabrics are from a collection designed by Japanese designer Keiko Goke. The collection is old, and these have been sitting in my stash for several years (maybe 5?!!). They are manufactured by Yuwa in Japan, and these colors are a really great example of the extraordinary lengths the Japanese fabric manufacturers do through to make stunning fabrics with incredible color and finish.

I finally found the perfect use for these unusual designs. The only fabric that was not part of the collection is the thin purple solid - which I added to help distinguish the main block print from the other prints. I felt it needed a line there.

The double wedding ring blocks are over-sized and I used an acrylic template from VFW Quilts to make the pieces. 

It is all free motion quilted, no computers, and I used rulers for some parts.

Super happy with the way this quilt turned out! Thanks for following along on this blog!






Comments

  1. That is gorgeous!!! You did a fantastic job! I love the fabric and I LOVE your quilting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your very nice words! You made my day! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts